Construction site is a living organism of its own. Here we can observe people working at higher altitudes, people working with power tools, heavy machinery, welds etc… This makes construction site a hotbed for potential accidents
First aid training is one of the most important activity every construction site should provide to it’s employees so that the emergency preparedness in established.
VMEDO is one of the premier institutes which provides first aid training across the country. If you want to conduct a first aid training at your construction site call 9343180000
Why do we need to emphasize on construction site safety?
As said earlier, Construction site has all the dangers that one can possibly imagine. There’s no workplace that is as dangerous as a construction site. Here are some of the dangers involved while constructing a building.
Hazards involved in construction site.
- Slips, trips, and falls.
- Hand arm vibration syndrome.
- Material and manual handling.
- Collapsing trenches.
- Airborne fibres and materials.
Safety measures involved in construction site safety?
- Manage and Mitigate Risk with a Safety Training Program.
- Ensure Electrical Safety at Construction Sites.
- Implement Strict Security and Safety Protocols.
- Have a Safe Work Assessment Process in Place.
- Make Sure Chemical Storage Safety Requirements are Strictly Followed.
- Display Signage Clearly at the Construction Site.
What are the laws relating to construction site safety?
BOCW (Buildling and other construction worker) Act of 1996 provides ground rules for all the construction site safety.
The object of the BOCW Act as well as its framework is analogous to other labour law legislations, but in particular, the BOCW Act is similar to the Factories Act, 1948.
First aid training to ensure construction site safety?
First aid training is important step to ensure safety. People who work in construction site safety can easily get involved in multiple accidents. Construction workers need to learn first aid techniqes like CPR, Minor and major injury management, treating burns, fracture treatment, etc… to feel safe.
Equipment required to ensure construction site safety?
Depending on the circumstances and potential hazards present, additional PPE may be required. This determination will by made by your supervisor based on the preliminary Job Hazard Analysis; EHS may also be consulted. Additional PPE may include:
- Protective gloves
- Hearing protection
- Full face shields when cutting, grinding, or chipping
- Chemical splash goggles
- Respiratory protection
- Fall protection equipment when working above 6 feet
- Specific protective clothing such as welding leathers when welding or FR clothing when working with live electric