If you are looking for information on Defibrillator Manufacturers, Brands and Suppliers in India, then you are at the right place. Before going into the details, let us understand the product and it’s application first, which will help you to decide while buying the defibrillator.
What is a Defibrillator?
Defibrillators are electrical devices which use the electric signal to restore the heartbeat of human beings in a very controlled manner.
Defibrillator contains large capacitors in it, which are charged with the electricity. This electricity is discharged to the patient ‘s heart through paddles (External Defibrillators) or concave paddles (Internal Defibrillators). An ECG machine is usually used along with the defibrillator to closely monitor the heart condition.
There are mainly two factors which are very important for the successful defibrillation. They are:
1. Intensity of electric shock (which is derived from the condition of patient’s heart) and
2. Timing (which is measured by syncing the process with patient’s heartbeat)
After the successful electrical shock at perfect intervals the heart will regain its normal heart beat sequence.
How do Defibrillators work?
The Defibrillation process and Defibrillators come into picture during an emergency when the patient’s heartbeats become abnormal (arrhythmia) due to ventricular fibrillation. During ventricular fibrillation, the heart stops to pump blood to the rest of the body and causes a cardiac arrest.
Defibrillators are used to supply the additional electrical impulse (shocks) to the heart through defibrillator paddles (pads) to overcome the abnormal heartbeats caused by ventricular fibrillation and aid in revival of the patient from cardiac arrest.
Figure 1. Usage of Defibrillator
What are the Types of Defibrillators?
Depending on the mode of electrical shock delivery, defibrillators are classified as follows:
- Manual External Defibrillators: The electrical shock is delivered externally to the patient on the human skin with the help of paddles. Manual External Defibrillators are bulky and can be used in hospitals and ambulances. The equipment is to be operated by trained personnel.
- Manual Internal Defibrillator: The shock is delivered through electrodes which are directly attached to the heart with the help of concave paddles. The Defibrillator is manually operated by a trained professional during or after the surgery such as heart bypass. The electrical shock will be extremely precise.
- Automated External Defibrillator: The electrical shock is delivered externally to the patient on the human skin with the help of disposable pads.The pads are small, sticky and portable which act as electrodes. The Automated External Defibrillators (AED) are integrated with voice enabled instructions that guide the user throughout the defibrillation process. The AEDs are mainly designed for untrained or semi-trained people.
Read more on AEDs:
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator: These defibrillators are attached to the human heart surgically with help of concave paddles. Once the Defibrillator is attached to the human heart, it analyses and synchronizes with the patient’s heartbeat. When an irregular heart rhythm is detected, a tiny amount of electrical signal is supplied to the cardiac muscle to get it back to a normal rhythm. This device can monitor a patient’s heart continuously throughout the day and study the data for effective treatment.
- Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillator: These defibrillators are small, rechargeable and portable which are used under the clothing all day long in order to protect the patient from the life threatening ventricular tachy-arrhythmias. When the dangerous arrhythmia is detected, the Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillators can deliver high-energy shocks. It is used as an alternative for Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators.
Difference between Biphasic and Monophasic Defibrillator:
According to the direction of flow of electrical charges between the defibrillator paddles, defibrillators are classified as below:
- Monophasic Defibrillators: An electric charge will flow from one electrode placed on one side of the chest to another electrode placed on the other side of the chest. The waveforms linked with the monophasic defibrillator have only one peak, which is very crucial for the success of the defibrillation process. There needs to be enough electrical charge to reach the heart in order to terminate the lethal rhythm or ventricular fibrillation. At the same it is very important to avoid the excessive delivery of electrical charge through heart muscles, which could damage them.
A single shock with more charge will be applied during this defibrillation. Typically these defibrillators provide shocks upto 360 Joules of electricity. As the delivery current is very high, Monophasic Defibrillators are bulkier in size.
To overcome the limitations of Monophasic Defibrillators, Biphasic Defibrillators were introduced.
The demand for Monophasic Defibrillators is reducing day by day.
- Biphasic Defibrillators: An electric charge will flow in both ways between one electrode placed on one side of the chest and another electrode placed on the other side of the chest. The electrical charge is reversed at a given point of time during the defibrillation process. Typically these defibrillators provide shocks upto 200 joules of electricity.
The exact share of electrical charge which needs to be delivered is determined by factors such as the unit of electrical charge, direction of the charge and the duration of the shock delivery.
Because of the high rate of success, there is a rapid rise in the demand for Biphasic Defibrillators.
Which defibrillator should you choose and Why?
The defibrillators used for a very long time were monophasic. The electricity intake to produce the same energy of electrical shock is lesser in biphasic defibrillators as compared to monophasic defibrillators.
You can reach out to us at +917406000610 to speak to the biomedical team to understand more about the Defibrillator Manufacturers, Brands and Suppliers.
Who are the Manufacturers of Defibrillators in India?
Let us look at some of the FDA approved manufacturers,brands of defibrillators available in India as of now. We have listed them below for your reference. Note the list is not in any order of ranking
What you should know before buying a defibrillator?
You will need to understand the technical and conditional aspects of a defibrillator before buying a defibrillator.
Here is a list of the technical aspects you need to ensure:
|Defibrillator Technical Checklist|
|Phases of Operation|
|Visual and Audible prompts|
Here is a list of conditional aspects you should check before buying a defibrillator:
|Defibrillator Conditional Checklist|
|Warranty / Guarantee on the unit as whole and individual parts|
|Service support / Free services and availability of service in your location|
|Delivery and Installation support|
|Availability of Standby|
What is the cost of Monophasic and Biphasic Defibrillators in India?
The cost of the defibrillators depends on the manufactures, brands and type of defibrillators.
|Type of Defibrillator||Price Range|
|Monophasic Defibrillator||Rs.95,000 to Rs.1,50,000|
|Biphasic Defibrillator||Rs.1,20,000 to Rs.3,50,000|
|Defibrillator Accessories||Brand Specific|
Where can you buy the defibrillators and defibrillator accessories?
If you are looking for a reliable defibrillator supplier in India who you can trust throughout your buying process for defibrillators and defibrillator accessories of all manufacturers and brands, look no other way and contact VMEDO Store now. We are currently serving across all cities of India and mainly in Karnataka around the below listed cities.
- Shivamogga (Shimoga)
- Mysuru (Mysore)
- Uttara Kannada
VMEDO is an Emergency Healthcare Ecosystem where we are working towards saving more lives by assisting people to book Ambulances, medical equipment, and healthcare training programs on one single platform. We pride ourselves in being one of India’s largest Ambulance networks and have helped over 1,00,000 people in emergencies. We have empowered more than 10,000 Professionals with First Aid Skills. Through VMEDO Store, we have supplied over 1 Million+ medical equipment and surgical supplies across India.