As we all know, Bangalore is a city in the southern state of Karnataka, India. It has a population of approximately 13,193,000. Over the last few years, we have been seeing a lot of medical emergencies in our Bangalore. But is our city prepared to handle medical emergencies efficiently? Are there any good ambulance services in Mysuru? For more information on Bangalore Ambulance Services, read this article.
First let us understand what a medical emergency is
According to Wikipedia, A medical emergency is an acute injury or illness that poses an immediate risk to a person’s life or long-term health. These emergencies may require assistance from another, qualified person, as some of these emergencies, such as cardiovascular (heart), respiratory, and gastrointestinal cannot be dealt with by the victim themselves. Depending on the severity of the emergency, and the quality of any treatment given, it may require the involvement of multiple levels of care, from first aiders through emergency medical technicians, paramedics, emergency physicians and anesthesiologists.
The danger of Medical Emergencies
The cases of medical emergencies have increased over the years. But due to our inability to respond to these emergencies in time and lack of knowledge, we are losing the valuable lives of our loved ones every day.
- According to the Ministry of Road transport & highways in 2019, there were more than 1,50,000 deaths due to road traffic in India, i.e, 400 deaths in a day or 17 deaths every hour.
- Nearly a quarter of all deaths (24.8%) in India is due to Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD)
- Every year, around 33% of road accidents and 99% of cardiac arrests victims do not survive in India as compared to 2% and 70% respectively in the US. The differences in survival rate are attributed to access to quality treatment during the “golden hour” (one hour or less, following traumatic injury) [EPW 2018]
There are many more statistics to prove how dangerous medical emergencies can be to our loved ones.
What to do when you face a medical emergency?
- Administer first aid
- Call for an ambulance
- Look for the nearest hospital that treats your emergency
Why should you administer first aid?
Medical emergencies can threaten life and may need immediate intervention. The way you respond during these situations can make a difference between life & death. One can do so by identifying the warning signs of such situations and responding appropriately.
Some of the most common medical emergencies and the proper first aid are listed below:
- Heart Attack: A condition where the heart suffers from insufficient supply of blood.
Symptoms of Heart Attack:
- Radiating chest pain,
- Profuse sweating
- Shortness of breath
First Aid for Heart Attack:
Watch this video to learn the first aid for heart attack.
- Head Injury: When a hard object hits hard on your head, it may lead to severe head injury. If not handled immediately, consequences can be deadly.
Symptoms of Head Injury:
- Temporary memory loss
First Aid for Head Injury:
- Call for medical help immediately. Call VMEDO Ambulance for Emergency assistance on our 24×7 Helpline Number – 9343-18-0000
- Check the person’s airway, breathing, blood circulation.
- If the person is unconscious, and doesn’t have a pulse, begin CPR.
- Apply ice packs on swollen areas.
- If there’s bleeding, press the bleeding site firmly with a cloth or handkerchief.
3. Burns: Caused due to exposure to severe heat in a fire accident or explosions.
First Aid for burns:
Watch this video to learn about first aid for burns.
4. Stroke: A condition where brain cells die due to insufficient supply of blood.
The symptoms and the first aid for handling stroke patients have been covered in this blog.
If you wish to learn and get certified in First Aid, Contact VMEDO Academy
If you have stabilized the patient, you would now be waiting for an ambulance.
How do you book an ambulance in Bangalore?
Hundreds of ambulances are booked everyday in Bangalore for several reasons. Let us help you with a list of a few verified Bangalore ambulance services providers in our city. You can book an ambulance from all major locations in Bangalore by dialing the number 9343-18-0000
|Sl no||Bangalore Ambulance services||Address|
|1||Ganesh Ambulance Services||No 100, 3rd Main, 10th Cross, Govindaraj Nagar-vijaynagar, Bangalore – 560040|
|2||Durga ambulance service||SG Palya, DRC Post Bangalore -560029|
|3||VV Ambulance Services||Manandavadi Road, Chikaradanahalli, Jayanagar, Bangalore- 570014|
|4||Punyakoti Ambulance Services||Devnur ring road, Rajivnagar, Bangalore- 570019|
Find the most comprehensive list of ambulance services in Bangalore here.
When would you require an ambulance?
- During Cardiac emergencies like Cardiac Arrest or heart attack.
- During cases of trauma like Road Accidents, amputation or burns.
- Orthopedic injuries like fractures
The different types of ambulances
- Book Emergency Ambulance in Bangalore: They are required when the patient has a sudden accident or you’ve to reach the hospital quickly. We use Advanced Life Support (ALS) ambulances which are equipped with ventilators, ECG, monitoring devices, and paramedic staff during these times to save the patient’s life and/or promote quick recovery. To book Bangalore Ambulance Services, Please call VMEDO Ambulance for Emergency assistance on our 24×7 Helpline Number – 9343180000
- Book Non-emergency Patient Transportation in Bangalore: Usually a non-emergency ambulance is used for transportation when there is a planned patient pickup and drop. When patients can’t use other transportation modes such as bus, train, or even private vehicles or when they are recently discharged from a hospital or when they need routine checkups you can call 9343180000 for VMEDO ambulance service
- Book Air Ambulance online in Bangalore : Air ambulance is an advanced mode of ambulance transport that can be arranged in a very serious situation. If the patient needs to be shifted from remote locations or no other transport facilities are available we can use Air ambulance services. To book Air ambulance call VMEDO’s Helpline number 9343180000
- Book Mortuary Ambulance online in Bangalore : When your loved one dies, the whole world around you stops. Some private ambulance providers can help in facing these kinds of situations. Contact 9343180000 to book a mortuary ambulance/dead body ambulance for the transportation of a dead person from one city to another..
- Book Dead body ambulance online in Bangalore : Deaths are a normal occurrence in hospitals, this can be a very confusing state time for the members of the family if the patient is from a distant city. We are here to help you when you’ve to transport the mortal remains from the hospital to your city. For VMEDO Corpse transportation services Call 9343180000
Still confused on how to book an ambulance in Bangalore?
Here’s the right way to book an ambulance
Now that you know which number to connect with, let us understand the right way to share necessary information to the emergency response dispatch team.
It is very important to follow this protocol during communication as it helps the emergency response dispatch team understand the kind of emergency, the kind of emergency vehicle to dispatch and more importantly, it saves a lot of time and can be crucial in saving a valuable life.
The LINGAP Protocol
LINGAP is an acronym used by emergency responders worldwide to communicate the emergency in an easy way. In this acronym,
L stands for Location;
Make sure that you convey the exact location, starting with the City name, Area name, Major roads name and then landmark.
I stands for Incidence,
where you have to clearly convey the condition of the victim. Whether he/she has suffered cardiac arrest or has he/she been in an accident, etc.
N stands for Name,
where you have to inform YOUR name to the emergency response dispatch team.
please inform the Gender of the victim
inform the approximate age of the victim if you do not know him/her. This information about the gender and the age of the victim gives a fair idea to the paramedics about the nature of the emergency and be prepared with the possible ways to handle the emergency.
Please share your Phone Number along with an alternate number, in case your existing number is not reachable.
Ambulances can be utilized for any medical emergencies. Whom would you call for help when there are some other kinds of emergencies like Fire, etc.? Here’s a list to help you out:
|Emergency helpline number Bangalore||Pan India||112|
|Govt Ambulance Helpline number||Pan Karnataka||108|
|Private Ambulance Helpline number||Pan India||9343180000|
|Police Helpline number||Pan India||100|
|Fire Helpline number||Pan India||101|
|Blood Bank Helpline||Pan India||1910|
|Women Helpline number||Pan India||181/1091|
|Child Helpline number||Pan India||1098|
|Eye donation and Eye bank Information||Pan India||1919|
Finding the right hospital
Now that you have found an ambulance, which hospital will you take the patient to? If we take the patient suffering from a cardiac arrest to a hospital that does not handle cardiac emergencies, we will not just be losing crucial time, but may end up losing the life of the patient! Hence, finding the right hospital for the right specialization is extremely important.
We have come up with a list of multispeciality hospitals in Bangalore which serve most of the emergencies.
|Sl no||Hospital name||Address|
|1||Apollo Hospitals||No.491, Marenahalli Rd, 5th Block, TMC Layout, 1st Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078|
|2||Aster RV Hospital||CA, 37, 24th Main Rd, ITI Layout, 1st Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078|
|3||Fortis hospital||154 9, Bannerghatta Main Rd, opposite IIM, Sahyadri Layout, Bilekahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076|
|4||Mallya Hospital (Vydehi Superspeciality Hospital)||2, Vittal Mallya Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001|
Find the most comprehensive list of hospitals in Bangalore here.
Recovery using medical equipment
After the treatment at the hospital, one needs time to recover and rehabilitate. In those circumstances, you would require medical equipment and supplies that help you recuperate. For example, after getting treated for fracture or any other orthopedic injury, one would need braces, walkers, or crutches for proper rehabilitation.
Similarly, there are some medical emergencies that can be treated at home. Again, all you need is the right medical equipment to help you recover. Home care equipment like Pulse Oximeters, Thermometers, Glucometers, etc. help you monitor your vitals regularly. It is always better to have access to suppliers who provide medical equipment at affordable prices.
For the best quality medical supplies of all trust-worthy brands at the best price can be availed from VMEDO Store.
Blood Donors in Bangalore
Availability of blood plays an important role in treating medical emergencies. Even though nowadays most of the hospitals have sufficient stock of blood and since most of the cities have various blood banks, there may be a situation when you may not find the appropriate blood type or a suitable blood donor.
As we all know, there are several blood types and not every blood type is compatible with each other.
To make things easier, VMEDO created a community of blood donors who are willing to donate blood when there is a need. Instead of calling up all your friends and checking with a number of blood banks, it is always easier to have one place where all your needs are fulfilled. In this case, VMEDO is such a place which helps you book the right ambulance, find the right hospital information and connect you to the nearest blood donors.