Do you prefer salads over sandwiches, fruits over sweets and natural products in your diet that are void of preservatives and other chemicals?
If yes, are you familiar with the fruit named as the “Kiwi”?
Kiwi is a fruit that is grown commercially in New Zealand but native to China and is also known as the Chinese gooseberry. It is very similar to Amla, that is popular in India for being a very tasty and healthy at the same time. The Kiwi fruit has a brown outer peeling and is strikingly green on the inside, with black seeds making the core of the fruit. The seeds are edible as well.
The Kiwi fruit is among the favorite ingredients for salads and smoothies, owing to its taste and also its medicinal values attached to its consumption. This Kiwi fruit is very beneficial to your health and should be considered in your diet.
- The Kiwi fruit has a high quantity of Vitamin C in it, very similar to orange, lemon, Amla and other citrus fruits; it acts as a natural booster of immunity due to the presence of antioxidants in the fruit adding to the long list of benefits that come with this fruit.
- It acts a good dietary fibre – very low consumption of this fruit tends to make the stomach full and thus prevents the over-eating or excess eating, becoming a friend in your diet that can look after your eating habits. Also the presence of these fibres help in digestion and can aid in the prevention of irritable bowel syndrome.
- It has a high amount of water content and can be used as a natural hydrating food, when in need of water or hydration.
- Pregnant women can derive this a source of folate, that can be beneficial for the fetus and also in the early childhood of children.
- Kiwi is also a source for other minerals and vitamins such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium; vitamins E, B6, B12 and A as well. These vitamins are to be a part of one’s stable diet and consumption as they regulate the body’s natural mechanisms.
- At times it is also consumed to help fight against asthma, blood pressure and also is useful in maintaining a flawless skin.
The Kiwi fruit much like its Citrus cousins has a lot of health benefits apart from being tangy and unique in its flavor. Although it is best to consume this fruit whole, on its own – some prefer to eat only the contents within along with the seeds or as a part of smoothies or additionally strewn over salads.
Kiwi can be consumed by all of them, with varied age groups ranging from young kids to the elderly. But care must be taken that one does not have an allergy to its consumption, although highly unlikely that such an event can occur.
The desi equivalent of the Kiwi fruit is the Amla. It too has similar properties, that can aid you by boosting your immunity and providing you with a rich source of Vitamin C and being a natural cure when down with the common cold or other respiratory ailments. The tangy taste makes it a well- known fruit in India and can be used as a substitute for the Kiwi fruit in case one does not find it to one’s taste.
For these health benefits, the Kiwi fruit is very popular all over the world and is consumed in large quantities all over Europe. It makes its way into most people’s diet campaigns by being a very useful friend to have.