5 Important First Aid techniques every personal trainer should know
Who doesn’t love personal trainers? They are the people who motivate us to get better every day. They don’t just teach us how to work out but they teach discipline because they embody it.
In this day and age, where the industry of personal training is growing more rapidly than ever, we want to make sure that every personal trainer is aware of first aid techniques because it can all go wrong at any time, and we don’t want that to happen.
We at VMEDO believe that just the simple knowledge of first aid can save thousands of people affected by emergencies, especially personal trainers who train people of various age groups every day who might come face an emergency.
Here’s why a personal trainer should undergo first aid training
- A gym can be a dangerous place
No matter what safety procedures one might follow, a gym is still a dangerous place to be in. whenever a place involves heavy materials that can be dropped or slipped. accidents are inevitable.
- Heavy lifting can prove to be heavier
- Lifting heavy weights is one of the major routines of many gym enthusiasts. The injuries which might happen from the wrong form or tempo might lead to permanent deformations. That’s why every personal trainer should know how to act quickly in those times
- Cardio might be bad for your heart
- Cardio exercises such as running or elliptical can prove to be fatal if gone above and beyond the specified limits. every personal trainer should understand this and learn how to deal with those kinds of injuries too.
- Personal trainers encounter all age groups
Elderly people are a bit more susceptible to injuries, and it holds good for young ones who want to work out too. It becomes of utmost importance for one to know first aid, where those age groups are present.
- Personal trainers work out a lot more
- Not only the sake of others but for one’s own sake first aid becomes very important. many personal trainers lead by example. hence, they work out a lot more than usual gym goers so it is very important for any bodybuilder to have at least basic first aid knowledge
- It improves your confidence
- for any personal trainer, confidence is a key quality, when you have the first aid on your list of skillsets, it improves your confidence not only as a trainer but also as an individual.
- It improves your client’s confidence in you
- when your client knows that you are trained in first aid, it increases their confidence in you too. You can help them push more when there is a trusted relationship between you and your client.
- It prevents worsening of the present situation
- emergencies or lack of emergency preparedness can put you in grave danger if one of your clients gets into a situation like that. Which will destroy your reputation as a personal trainer. learning first aid can help you prevent those situations.
Importance of first aid certifications for personal trainers.
First aid training and certification is mandatory for everyone who wishes to get the ACE certification of personal training. which is one of the most sought after and well-known training certifications in the field of personal training.
Almost all of the gyms while hiring have made it mandatory for everyone to know first aid. without first aid certification on your resume, you might lose the job in your dream gym.
5 important first aid techniques every personal trainer should know
- How to treat fractures
- Fractures are one of the most common accidents that occur in a gym, lifting puts a lot of effort on the bones due to the constant loading of weights and also due to the proper technique while lifting fractures are a real risk. Every personal trainer should know how to immobilize fractures in the case of accidents
- Twists, sprains, and strains
- Ankles and wrists take on a lot of load along with the joints, in such cases, twists are very common they can be very painful and need proper medication in the same way muscle pulls and sprains are also common gym injuries.
- How to do first aid for cardiac arrests
- Cardiac arrests and Heart attacks are very imminent possibilities in the gym because of the high-intensity physical activity our heart takes on the extra load which can lead to these emergencies.
- Concussions and head injuries
- Head injuries are common in sports and a lot of measures are being taken to prevent them. Similarly, in the gym especially in boxing gyms, every trainer must know how to initially treat concussions.
- CPR is one of the most common first aid technique which everyone should be aware of during accidents, it is very common for a person to go into shock after a severe injury, which might lead his heart to stop beating by knowing CPR there’s a chance to revive that heart.
How to get first aid certification for Personal trainers
Getting the first aid certificate for personal trainers has never been easier.
- To get the first aid certificate, you need to register with us on this link.
- We’ll get in touch with you and confirm the date.
- You can attend the workshop and get the certificate on the date of the workshop itself.
Note: If you have a group of people more than 15 or own a gym, we conduct these workshops at your place of convenience itself and in such, you’ll be eligible to get more than 50% discount on our certification courses.
What certificate will I get and what is the duration?
The certificate we provide will be compliant with OSHA (Occupational safety and health administration) and will be valid in India for 2 years.
Who will teach us?
We have a group of seasoned trainers who have trained people for years. Here’s the list of our most experienced trainers and their profile.
Here’s a glimpse of how our training will take place first aid training at cult fitness.
We believe that it’s a necessity for people who work in the personal training industry to get trained in first aid and improve themselves. VMEDO is on a mission to save lives by empowering people with knowledge, tools, and connections required during Medical emergency and we also provide first aid certificate which will be valid for up to two years. If you want to get certified as a first-aid trained personal trainer click the link below and get in touch with us.